THE BEST lime/gypsum applications IN THE BUSINESS
Choose between several different lime/gypsum application services to help increase your soils overall health. See below for more information. No gimmicks here! Each application includes our exclusive Earth Wise granular organic-based. Call AAA Lawn Care today or request an estimate online.
Lime & Gypsum Lawn Applications
Lime applications to soil had been applied to lawns for years because of it’s ability to increase soil’s pH which helps plants and grass flourish. Low soil pH is often the underlying problem of dead lawns and gardens. But recently, traditional lime lawn applications have been switched to gypsum applications. Why?
Benefits of Lime and Gypsum
- The main benefit we were after in applying lime was calcium. Gypsum is high in calcium plus sulfur.
- Lime applications will raise the ph in your soil. Gypsum will not. Most soil tests we have done in the West Michigan area show ph levels being high enough.
- Sulfur is a nutrient that is on the low side in the majority of soil tests we have done.
- We are getting a color response from gypsum where that would not happen with lime. At least not immediately.
- Gypsum is a great soil conditioner for heavy soils.
SO WHERE DOES LIME FIT IN?
Lime is still a product we will use because of its benefits in increasing a soils pH and keeping lawns healthy. Where a soil test has been done or on a site where we know the ph is going to be too low we will use lime. Indications that the soil is acidic (low pH) would be…
- Sandy Soil
- Moss growing in full sun areas
- The weed “red sorrel” is an indicator of low pH
- Subdivisions that were previously blueberry fields or are near them may have a low pH level.
The AAA Lawn Care lime/gypsum applications will reinvigorate your lawn with the lime working to increase pH, and the gypsum adding high levels of calcium and sulfur. The combination of both the lime and gypsum leaves your lawn filled with nutrients and improved soil structure. Request an estimate below to find out what a lime/gypsum lawn application will cost you.
100% Certified Technicians
AAA Lawn Care is West Michigan’s premier lawncare company servicing the area for over 40 years.