- This program is designed to maximize environmental protection practices for our business.
- Partners in this program include... Michigan Groundwater Stewardship Program, Michigan Turfgrass Foundation, Department of Environmental Quality, Golf Association of Michigan, Michigan State University, and the Michigan Department of Agriculture.
- The MTESP does a detailed Environmental Assessment. From that assessment, they provide an Action Plan that details the steps required for certification.
- The time frame from the original assessment to receiving our certification was one year.
- We are the first lawn care operator to apply and become certified in Michigan. We are still the only lawn care operator to receive this certification. (there are golf courses, colleges, and municipalities who are certified)
- Certification requires a review of Michigan Department of Agriculture regulations to verify compliance, Emergency Action Plans and Pollution Prevention training for all personnel annually.
- Besides helping to improve our business operation systems, the MTESP has led us to many environmental improvements. Updating our lighting fixtures to reduce energy use and recycling our paper are good examples. In 2009, we will begin recycling the majority of our product containers.
- GPS on our vehicles is another tool we use to reduce fuel use.
- We have a significant investment in computer routing for efficiency.
- We will continue to search for new ways to improve.
- We want to continue to be the industry leader in West Michigan.
- We are the largest locally owned provider of fertilization and weed control in West Michigan.
Serving West Michigan for Over 30 Years